[arch-general] Bad attitude in flyspray again!

Dimitrios Apostolou jimis at gmx.net
Fri Mar 12 18:02:51 CET 2010

Hi,

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Commenting on closed bugs is not doable in Flyspray.

I didn't know it, thanks for the info! So I guess every argument
from now on is just for the sake of completion...

> More-over, I think it is a bad idea. The only reason people want
> commenting on closed bugs is so that they can argue with the
> developers - give reasons why the bug shouldn't be closed. That's what
> a reopen request is for. If that fails, then it's time to discuss it
> directly with the developer in question

Once, on another project, I filed a feature request on Flyspray. I
also attached some measurements that showed how slow was the current
way of doing things. After some monts the feature got implemented and the
bug closed. I liked the feature, the program was much faster, and I wanted
to attach measurements from the same machine that showed the difference. I
didn't because I felt a reopen request would bother the developers.

But even for true reopen requests, IMHO the request itself should be
logged as a comment so that others can see it, and why it was rejected.

Dimitris