[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Allow comments on closed bugs?

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Sun Mar 14 03:21:12 CET 2010

Am Sat, 13 Mar 2010 16:32:20 -0600
schrieb "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com>:

> This is currently the state at opensuse and KDE and is a primary
> reason for all the new Arch users and all the new users of xfce,
> fluxbox and gnome.

There also may be some other reasons for all the new Arch users. ;-)

> Arch has a great thing going and from what I can tell is headed in
> the right direction, we should all work hard to keep it going in the
> same direction. Maintaining a positive user/dev relationship of trust
> and respect is a big part of that.

If I would find that the Arch community and the Arch developers are
generally unfriendly, arrogant or ignorant, I just would wipe my hard
disk and install a different distro.

I've also written, that in my cases I had the impression that the early
bug closing was arrogant and ignorant. This was of course a
misunderstanding as I know in the meantime.

I know, I repeat myself - I opened this thread to express my
impressions I had regarding these certain bug reports and in the hope
that the devs think about this and won't close bugs too early in the
future, and that probably can be discussed some ways how to reduce such
misunderstandings and to improve the user/dev communication.

Of course the users shouldn't write such "me, too" comments if they
don't provide additional informations which help fixing the bug.

And I think this thread became a quite substantial discussion with some
pretty good arguments and suggestions.

Heiko