[arch-general] HTML5, Youtube and chromium-browser

Bram Schoenmakers lists at bramschoenmakers.nl
Sat Mar 20 19:03:35 CET 2010

2010/3/20 Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de>:
> Am Samstag, 20. März 2010 16:50:14 schrieb Gaurish Sharma:
>> Anyone managed to get youtube videos working in HTML5/h.264 format on
>> chromium  browser?
>
> Don't use those broken packages from the AUR. Just run "pacman -S chromium"
> and it will just work.

With a chance of diverting from the original topic, I'd like to ask
how often the chromium package in [extra] is going to be updated. Last
week I went back from [extra] to AUR because of an annoying bug with
Google Calendar in 5.0.307.11, but it is fixed in the latest version.
>From what I understand, 5.0 development has release cycles of one
week, with a version bump on each Monday.

I'm just asking, because I'm aware Chromium is a heavy beast to build
and ship, so I don't expect a new build every week. I'm just asking
for a rough estimation of how often a new version will appear in
[extra].

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
(Punch, 1855)