[arch-general] HTML5, Youtube and chromium-browser

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sat Mar 20 19:16:52 CET 2010

Am Samstag, 20. März 2010 19:03:35 schrieb Bram Schoenmakers:
> I'd like to ask
> how often the chromium package in [extra] is going to be updated. Last
> week I went back from [extra] to AUR because of an annoying bug with
> Google Calendar in 5.0.307.11, but it is fixed in the latest version.
>
> >From what I understand, 5.0 development has release cycles of one
>
> week, with a version bump on each Monday.
>
> I'm just asking, because I'm aware Chromium is a heavy beast to build
> and ship, so I don't expect a new build every week. I'm just asking
> for a rough estimation of how often a new version will appear in
> [extra].

That's not really true. Chromium in [extra] follows the beta and hopefully
soon the stable releases of Google Chrome. See
http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/search/label/Beta%20updates and
http://omahaproxy.appspot.com/

The "releases" you are talking about are just snapshots which are tagged by a
bot.