[arch-general] I'm having a brain far^Hilure... I can't find the XFCE control

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Sun Mar 21 19:11:42 CET 2010

It would appear that on Mar 21, Heiko Baums did say:

> Am Sun, 21 Mar 2010 09:15:43 -0400
> schrieb "Joe(theWordy)Philbrook" <jtwdyp at ttlc.net>:
>
> > BTW I don't suppose you know of a way to get a different background
> > image on each XFCE workspace???
>
> That's currently not possible on Xfce. There's already a feature
> request for that in Xfce's bug tracker since more than 5 years.

 That figures... Still, I run multiple desktops and to be honest I'll spend
 most of my time in either E16 or E17 depending on my mood... I used to
 install those to various kde based Linux installations (I still have a
 strong preference for a few kde apps) But kde lost me with kde4. And so
 far XFCE has proven to be a reasonable substitute for almost everything I
 used to like kde3 for. As a back-up and occasional change of pace desktop
 I can put up with only having one wallpaper...

 What's slightly less good is how well saving a session doesn't quite work.
 You see, I thought of another way to visually mark a few workspaces...
 I put the xdalicock on the upper left corner of one workspace, Put oclock
 on the upper right of another. Xclock --digital in the bottom of a third.
 And in the one I'd use foe music or video media I put both kaffeine & the
 default mixer... Then I logged out with the save session option checked.

 It remembered where to put xdaliclock & mixer. Both oclock & xclock wound
 up on screen center of the 1st workspace. And it wouldn't restart kaffeine
 at all... <sigh>  Ah well, can't have everything. And like I said, so far
 XFCE has been a fair substitute for kde and a great backup to enlightenment.

 Well have a good one!