[arch-general] New Using AUR

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Wed Mar 24 15:24:23 CET 2010

On 03/24/2010 09:34 AM, Carlos Mennens wrote:
> 2. Once a package is installed from the AUR, when I do a system
> upgrade via Pacman, will outdated packages I installed via AUR get
> automatically upgraded or do I have to do all my AUR packages
> manually?

Pacman does not upgrade AUR packages.  Only packages from core, extra,
or community.  So you need to manually update AUR packages.

So what you should do is create an account for yourself on the AUR, then
log in to the site, go to the page for that package, and click "notify".
  Then you'll be notified when new messages appear on that package's AUR
page - and so you'll find out when the PKGBUILD has been upgraded to a
new version.

DR