[arch-general] Pulseaudio doesn't see the correct sound card.

"Jérôme M. Berger" jeberger at free.fr
Sun Mar 28 10:34:00 CEST 2010

	Hi,

	I have two "sound cards": one is the integrated sound card on my
motherboard and the other is the HDMI output from my video card. The
integrated sound works fine with ALSA, but when I tried using
pulseaudio, it only sees the HDMI card (according to pactl list).

	I tried changing /etc/pulse/default.pa:
- First, I tried replacing module-udev-detect with module-detect.
This resulted in pulse seeing the integrated sound card, but only
the S/PDIF output, not the speakers;
- Then I tried removing autodetection and using module-alsa-sink
directly, but the pulse daemon failed to load the module.

	Anybody knows how I can get pulse to see my alsa sound card?

	Thanks,
		Jerome
mailto:jeberger at free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr