[arch-general] openoffice + lprng

Javier Vasquez j.e.vasquez.v at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 19:42:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have openoffice installed as well as lprng.  Lprng used to work for
openoffice providing I believe "Generic Printer" or similar.  Some
time back for it work under any gtk-2 application (like firefox) I had
to add to the gtkrc:

gtk-print-backends = "file,lpr,cups"

This is still working for firefox and other gtk-2 applications,
however it doen't help at all to openoffice.

I launched spadmin to see if I could actually add a printer manually.
But it doens't work, the most that can be done is trying to install a
driver.  So no luck...

Has any one made lprng work properly with openoffice?

Thanks,

--
Javier.