[arch-general] Serial To USB Adapter

Carlos Mennens carloswill at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 18:39:06 CEST 2010

Guys,

I have a Keyspan USB to Serial adapter. Now I am trying to be able to
connect to a Cisco switch via console serial cable using the Minicom
utility. My problem is I don't know how to tell Minicom that my serial
device is connected to /dev/ttyUSB0 or maybe it already knows & I just
don't know how to use it...

Code:

[carlos at tuna ~]$ dmesg | grep tty
console [tty0] enabled
00:06: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 5) is a 16550A
usb 5-2: Keyspan 1 port adapter converter now attached to ttyUSB0

Does anyone know how I can tell my Arch system that I have a USB to
serial adapter connected to my machine?