[arch-general] Firefox graphics licensed under MPL

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Mon May 3 09:07:08 CEST 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-02 at 13:28 -0400, Denis Kobozev wrote:
> Why not do like we're told then, and send them an email? "Arch has
> such and such package, with such and such modifications. Firefox logo
> is now under MPL and it looks like we can add it to our package. Can
> we?".

We did that before, and we got permission to ship with branding. The
issue here is that whenever we update the package or add/remove a patch,
we have to ask for permission again. This doesn't look a big problem for
you, but it means that we have to stick to a schedule to get releases to
the repository. Right now we package firefox releases as soon as it
lands on upstream FTP. With the approval policy, it will take days or
even weeks before we can package a new firefox version.