[arch-general] Firefox graphics licensed under MPL

Denis Kobozev d.v.kobozev at gmail.com
Mon May 3 13:25:29 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 3:07 AM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> We did that before, and we got permission to ship with branding. The
> issue here is that whenever we update the package or add/remove a patch,
> we have to ask for permission again.

I did not know that Firefox is packaged without the official graphics
a) because of the Firefox trademark and b) because the Mozilla
trademark policy is so strict. I thought the problem was that the ones
and zeros that comprise the official logo are/were under a non-free
license. The LWN article certainly helped.

> This doesn't look a big problem for
> you, but it means that we have to stick to a schedule to get releases to
> the repository.

Actually, I don't know why any distro would bother with Mozilla's
branding given their policy.

Denis.