[arch-general] intel video & suspend

Christoph Rissner c.r at visotech.at
Fri May 7 04:13:58 EDT 2010

>> Now from time to time (≈ once a week) when I wake it up, the screen
>> remains black in both X and text console. Nothing can bring it back,
>
> What about suspending again, perhaps waiting a few seconds, and resuming
> again?  Does that have a chance to help?  (It helps me on my Intel
> card's graphic glitches sometimes. I can do it easily because closing
> the laptop lid causes suspend, and opening it causes wake-up...)

I have a Pineview Integreted Controller (i915) in my eeepc and this
happened to me twice (in the last month) after closing the lid, but I
just issue "xset dpms force off" without suspending.

No issues with coming up from suspend so far.

kernel26 2.6.33.2-1
xorg-server 1.7.6-3
xf86-video-intel 2.10.0-1

Bye,