[arch-general] Err... Why is gvim now conflicting with vim?

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Fri May 7 11:54:43 EDT 2010

On 05/07/2010 11:27 AM, Ray Kohler wrote:
> At the very least, I wish you would post your tech-support
> questions on the forums, which are designed for that kind of content
> (and are sadly already a bit overrun). This list, as I understand it,
> is intended as the primary means for users to communicate with the
> devs, not a help-channel. Filling it with ordinary help requests makes
> it much less useful.

You have a legit point that David (and others) should do a little
research first before asking for help.

But your characterization of the mailing list - and your assertion that
all tech help requests belong on the forums - are both wrong.

The list is called "Arch general", and the devs have stated the list's
purpose as follows:

"This mailing list hosts general discusson about the Arch Linux
distribution. Questions, problems, and new development ideas can be
posted here."