[arch-general] Err... Why is gvim now conflicting with vim?

solsTiCe d'Hiver solstice.dhiver at gmail.com
Sat May 8 05:57:45 EDT 2010

I think the question "Err... Why is gvim now conflicting with vim?"
reveals a problem of communication. Let me explain:

The news/announce "Vim/GVim 7.2.411 Update" has been published the
2010-04-18 (when vim/gvim landed in [testing] ?). So it's over 19 days
now. That's the problem. Even on the website you have to scroll down
quite a bit to finaly see that news.

Because even for an arch user that follows arch-announce or keep
himself/herself updated on archlinux status/news, he/she has certainly
already forgotten that news when vim/gvim finally landed in [extra].

There could be a mechanism to remind us, arch users, of the previous
news may be. Something non redundant with the already published news.

One idea would be that announces for [testing] could be done on a
separate channel/mailing-list ? and that announces for
core/extra/community are made in arch-announce and on the website at the
time packages landed in core/extra/community (1 or 2 days before)?

What do you think ?