[arch-general] Err... Why is gvim now conflicting with vim?

Philipp hollunder at lavabit.com
Sat May 8 06:15:27 EDT 2010

Excerpts from solsTiCe d'Hiver's message of 2010-05-08 11:57:45 +0200:
> I think the question "Err... Why is gvim now conflicting with vim?"
> reveals a problem of communication. Let me explain:
>
> The news/announce "Vim/GVim 7.2.411 Update" has been published the
> 2010-04-18 (when vim/gvim landed in [testing] ?). So it's over 19 days
> now. That's the problem. Even on the website you have to scroll down
> quite a bit to finaly see that news.
>
> Because even for an arch user that follows arch-announce or keep
> himself/herself updated on archlinux status/news, he/she has certainly
> already forgotten that news when vim/gvim finally landed in [extra].

Right. I did read this mail before I upgraded, so I was kind of
prepared, otherwise I would have wondered as well. I do remember that
there was a vim/gvim related news item, but I thought the change had
happened weeks ago. Maybe it was another vim/gvim thing...

As for what to do about such a thing... I don't know. Certainly not jump
on trees if someone asks a question.
--

Regards,
Philipp