[arch-general] Err... Why is gvim now conflicting with vim?

Kaiting Chen kaitocracy at gmail.com
Sat May 8 09:50:24 EDT 2010

Hey just want to jump in here and say that I don't think it's a problem in
communication. We like Linux and especially Arch because it lets us do what
we want, and with power comes responsibility. That responsibility means that
one should do a kernel of research before asking for help. In this case it
took me less than a second to Google for 'arch vim gvim' and see that the
first item on the list was the news announce about the updated packages.

You can't have power without responsibility; I need the flexibility of Arch
to maintain a small cluster that combines security, centralized
administration, as well as the cutting edge software necessary for a
testbed, so I am willing to put some time into my system administration. I'm
not saying that everyone needs to invest that much time into maintaining
their systems, but if you can't be bothered to enter three keywords into
Google you really shouldn't be using Arch.

Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/