[arch-general] vim runtime woes

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Fri May 14 15:34:01 EDT 2010

On 14/05/2010 21:09, Xavier Chantry wrote:
> Just in case people think this is a theoretical problem no one cares about ...
> solving this would give us tar.xz support that comes with latest
> version of gzip plugin :
> http://code.google.com/p/vim/source/browse/runtime/plugin/gzip.vim
> Never opened a package in vim ? it's awesome :p

Long ago I've added these lines to gzip.vim (copied to ~/.vim/plugin/):
   autocmd BufReadPost,FileReadPost    *.lzma call gzip#read("lzma -d")
   autocmd BufReadPost,FileReadPost    *.xz call gzip#read("xz -d")
   autocmd BufWritePost,FileWritePost    *.lzma call gzip#write("lzma")
   autocmd BufWritePost,FileWritePost    *.xz call gzip#write("xz")
   autocmd FileAppendPre            *.lzma call gzip#appre("lzma -d")
   autocmd FileAppendPre            *.xz  call gzip#appre("xz -d")
   autocmd FileAppendPost        *.lzma call gzip#write("lzma")
   autocmd FileAppendPost        *.xz  call gzip#write("xz")