[arch-general] intel video & suspend

Sara Fauzia sara at archlinux.us
Wed May 26 04:55:11 EDT 2010

> Now from time to time (≈ once a week) when I wake it up, the screen
> remains black in both X and text console. Nothing can bring it back,
> but everything else works just fine. No errors in logs either.

I am having the same problem on my Fujitsu T900, 64-bit ArchLinux. Tried
both pm-suspend and s2ram, and while s2ram *appeared* to not cause this
problem as much, it still happened. At first I thought my screen was entirely
blank, but on closer inspection realized my screen was simply very dim--flashing
a flashlight at the screen helped a lot. Was able to navigate to my brightness
settings, and the brightness was on max, as it was before suspend. I have the
testing repo enabled, and everything is up-to-date. I don't know if this problem
occurred with older kernel versions on the Fujitsu, as this is a recent install.

Sara