[arch-general] intel video & suspend

Ciprian Dorin, Craciun ciprian.craciun at gmail.com
Fri May 7 13:33:40 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 21:32, Isaac Dupree
<ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org> wrote:
> On 05/06/10 11:49, Sergey Manucharian wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Regularly I put my ThinkPad R61 into suspend twice a day, and
>> everything worked perfectly until 2.6.32 and 2.6.33 kernels.
>>
>> Now from time to time (≈ once a week) when I wake it up, the screen
>> remains black in both X and text console. Nothing can bring it back,
>
> What about suspending again, perhaps waiting a few seconds, and resuming
> again?  Does that have a chance to help?  (It helps me on my Intel card's
> graphic glitches sometimes. I can do it easily because closing the laptop
> lid causes suspend, and opening it causes wake-up...)

    Hello all!

    I had (and still have) the same problem (almost) with my Benq
Joybook S32. It has an Intel GM965.

    But my problem is a little bit more different:
    * sometimes after a resume the X remains pitch black (I guess it
doesn't exit from the DPMS mode), and to "help" it I switch to VT1 and
then back to the VT12 (where I have my X configured);
    * but on the other hand if before I suspend my laptop I have
connected a monitor (on VGA), and on resume the monitor is not
connected any more (or the other way around, no monitor at suspend,
but monitor present at resume), my monitor goes again pitch black, but
this time nothing helps except another suspend and resume.

    Till this day I haven't figured a way to solve the problem, but I
didn't investigated it more in depth.

    Did I mention that I use the mod_setting? Maybe it happens only in
this case?

    I hope that at the end of this thread we solve the problem. :)
    Ciprian.