[arch-general] Running Mozilla Prism?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed May 26 05:16:02 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:03, Peter Lewis <pete at muddygoat.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 May 2010 at 14:30 Magnus Therning wrote:
>> Anyone out there using Prism successfully on Arch 64bit?
>
> After reading this thread I just took a look - I hadn't heard of it before.
>
> It seems the PKGBUILD pulls in an i686 binary (there's a complementary bin32-
> version).
>
> Is there a reason why it's not a source package?

This is where the confusion may be.  I'm using the Firefox extension[1].

The stand-alone app is only built for 32bit by upstream (that seems to be a
common situation for Mozilla stuff, rather sad if you ask me ;-).  The code is
available in an SVN repo so it ought to be possible to do a build from source.

/M

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6665/