[arch-general] Running Mozilla Prism?

Peter Lewis pete at muddygoat.org
Wed May 26 06:31:51 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 26 May 2010 at 10:16 Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:03, Peter Lewis <pete at muddygoat.org> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 25 May 2010 at 14:30 Magnus Therning wrote:
> >> Anyone out there using Prism successfully on Arch 64bit?
> >
> > After reading this thread I just took a look - I hadn't heard of it
before.

> > It seems the PKGBUILD pulls in an i686 binary (there's a complementary
bin32-
> > version).
> >
> > Is there a reason why it's not a source package?
>
> This is where the confusion may be.  I'm using the Firefox extension[1].

Ah, I haven't tried that.

> The stand-alone app is only built for 32bit by upstream (that seems to be a
> common situation for Mozilla stuff, rather sad if you ask me ;-).  The code
is
> available in an SVN repo so it ought to be possible to do a build from
source.

Yes, I could only find a 32-bit binary from Mozilla. But, things in the AUR
usually build from source unless there's a reason not to, right? I don't know
if there is a policy to this effect, or if it's just common practice... but
PKGBUILDS should /build/, right? :-)

I just checked out Prism from SVN, but there isn't a readme on how to build it
and I don't have any experience with building mozilla's code. Also the Prism
wiki doesn't provide any information either.

Will post back if I get anywhere...

Pete.