[arch-general] Burning From Command Line

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Wed May 26 09:45:03 EDT 2010

Am Wed, 26 May 2010 14:42:57 +0200
schrieb Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling):

> The problem seems to be only that people believe the liensing
> nonsense FUD spread by Debian.
>
> Distributors who did ask their lawyers did either never change to the
> broken and illegal cod from Debian (Sun) or do again ship cdrtools
> (Suse).
>
> I still don't understand why you ask mee to introduce a "solution"
> for a non-existent problem.

Because you are always discussing and arguing this.

You keep arguing, you always persist on having cdrtools added to the
repos in favor of cdrkit.

You always claim, that cdrkit has legal issues.

You have been asked many times to prove your opinion and your claims,
and to publish at least one assessment of these lawyers, which shall
exist as you always claim. You have never done this.

Instead you blame one of the lawyers, who is cited by the distributors.

And if the problem wouldn't exist, then the distributors incl. the Arch
developers wouldn't have any doubts and would switch from cdrkit to
cdrtools. As long as there are doubts about your claims and the
licenses, there is a problem.

And as I said before, it's really annoying.

Either remove the doubts as you are asked for, sue the cdrkit
developers, if you think, they violate your licenses by this fork, or
accept the situation as it is.

Heiko