[arch-general] Burning From Command Line

Burlynn Corlew Jr burlynn at gmail.com
Wed May 26 08:46:07 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Joerg Schilling <
Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

> Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:
>
> > > Why does e.g. Debian still ship libcdio? Every unbiased person should
> > > have no problem to understand that what Debian did was just a slander
> > > campaign against an OpenSource project.
> > >
> > > Jörg
> >
> > Jörg, why don't you just change the license of your cdrtools to a
> > licensing scheme - either change every part of it to the GPL, set it
> > under a dual license or whatever - which is indisputable and doubtless
> > instead of arguing with the distributors all the time over years?
> >
> > It's really annoying to always read your nonsense regarding the
> > licensing.
>
> The problem seems to be only that people believe the liensing nonsense FUD
> spread by Debian.
>
> Distributors who did ask their lawyers did either never change to the
> broken
> and illegal cod from Debian (Sun) or do again ship cdrtools (Suse).
>
> I still don't understand why you ask mee to introduce a "solution" for a
> non-existent problem.
>
> Jörg
>
> --
>  EMail:joerg at schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de<EMail%3Ajoerg at schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>(home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
>       js at cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)
>       joerg.schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de (work) Blog:
> http://schily.blogspot.com/
> *
> *
> *Korean Guide: Korean start -> Trucha bug -> Korean extra -> The basics ->
> Update*
> *Other Languages: Dutch*
> *
> *
> *Latest update: April 24th 2010 -- Images have not been made by us, please
> don't credit us for them!*

How does any of this relate to the initial thread question whatsoever?
Turning a simple question about burning an iso from CLI into an ongoing
debate that was just on the Arch ML not a few months ago is rather annoying.
I am sure I am not the only one that would like to see this debate taken
elsewhere, and please let the thread die.