[arch-general] regression in nouveau ?

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Wed May 26 10:56:18 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 05:33:36PM -0600, Tavian Barnes wrote:

> The binary nvidia driver?

Has latency problems as well, which is why people doing
serious audio are using nv.

If someone can tell me how to get it installed on current
Arch I'd be most happy to use nv.

> Also, I seriously doubt that the devs would have let this go to extra
> if they personally experienced this problem.  And, nouveau is still in
> development, so you get what you sign up for, to some extent.

True, and that it not a real problem. But as long as nouveau
is still in this state, it would be wise to provide an alternative.
AFAICS, you just can't use nv anymore with current Arch.

Ciao,

--
FA

O tu, che porte, correndo si ?