[arch-general] regression in nouveau ?

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Wed May 26 17:51:14 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:26:58PM +0200, Xavier Chantry wrote:

> As I said, there are some people who are willing to help in that area.
> But without people like you reporting and testing, it's never going to
> happen.
> We need audio guys and graphics/drivers guys allocating some times to
> work together and resolve the issues.
>
> There was at least one nouveau developer trying to help out :
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/nouveau/2010-February/004981.html
> But the reporter just disappeared.

The name (Adrian Knoth) rings a bell, he's probably on one of
Linux Audio lists. And if he's using firewire audio he must be
one of the 'brave ones' - it's not obvious at all ATM.

So Maarten Maathuis looks like the one to get in contact with.

> And just a reminder that these people help/work for free in their
> limited spare time :)

Most of us who write and contribute things are in that situation...

Isn't there any contact/overlap between the nv and nouveau teams ?
The nv devs got this right (it also took them some time IIRC), but
that shows it's possible.

As you have probably been reading, meanwhile I've been able to get
nv in place instead of nouveau, and things just work. The 'blacklist'
trick should be documented somewhere - it's obvious once you know
it but it surely didn't pop up by itself.

Ciao,

--
FA

O tu, che porte, correndo si ?