[arch-general] dualboot?

Louis Brazeau lbrazeau at gmail.com
Thu May 27 13:29:28 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 12:42 PM, David Lowe <da_legit_dubya at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm new to Arch Linux & Linux in general, so please excuse any newbie questions...
> Can the Arch Linux install do a dualboot installation?  I've read some documentation
> and it seems to be iffy on this point.
> Also, why are most Linux users and programmers so obsessed with Python?
> I'd much rather download Euphoria.  http://www.rapideuphoria.com
> If it's a requirement that a Python runtime be on the system, then I'd rather not install
> at all.

Dual boot between Linux and which OS? Since you say you are new to
Linux in general maybe you want to dual boot with Windows. In that
case check the wiki [1].

Also, since Arch Linux puts a lot of responsibility in the hand of the
user and assumes he/she knows what he/she is doing, it might be a good
idea to try another distribution first (OpenSUSE, Ubuntu, etc). If you
find you like Linux then you should give Arch a try. You'll love it
and you will *learn a lot*.

[1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Windows_and_Arch_Dual_Boot

--
Louis Brazeau