[arch-general] Converting to 64

Nilesh Govindarajan lists at itech7.com
Fri May 28 11:03:44 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Hilton Medeiros
<medeiros.hilton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 May 2010 16:04:50 +0200
> Guillaume ALAUX <guillaume at alaux.net> wrote:
>
>> Hum... this technique looks like reinstalling to me. You don't
>> *convert*anything but
>> *reinstall* packages. So to my point of view you would be better off
>> installing from scratch. Much cleaner. You will still have to download
>> 64bits packages.
>>
>> Still you can keep the list of installed packages with $(pacman -Qq)
>> and keep some conf files before erasing the 32bit root partition.
>>
>> On 28 May 2010 15:50, Hilton Medeiros <medeiros.hilton at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Migrating_Between_Architectures_Without_Reinstalling
>> >

> Arch's competent Linux users should know that there is no way to
> magically convert i686 binaries to x86_64, right guys? I know you are
> just joking. ;)

No I didn't know that really. If I'm an arch user should that imply
that I know anything and everything about Linux LOL ?
Its like, if you're a cook, then it implies that you can make any sort
of food, be it american, european, asian, etc. ?!?!

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Facebook: nilesh.gr