[arch-general] Communication

Nilesh Govindarajan lists at itech7.com
Mon May 31 07:08:02 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31 May 2010 14:11, Madhurya Kakati <mkakati2805 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Nilesh Govindarajan <lists at itech7.com> wrote:

>>> I have used #archlinux many times, but the problem is it drags me. I
>>> have projects to do and if I go to some IRC channel then I just don't
>>> know when the time is over. So I normally avoid IRC.
>>> Also its not the bandwidth issue, I have unlimited bandwidth. Its the
>>> speed. I get a maximum transfer speed of 16 kilobytes per second !
>>>
>>> --
>>> Nilesh Govindarajan
>>> Facebook: nilesh.gr
>>> Twitter: nileshgr
>>> Website: www.itech7.com
>>>

>> Thats a pity. I get 256kBps but 2.5 gb limit :(
>
> LOL, talk about speed. I feel ya!
>
> I've been across and in-between Asia's developing nations since the
> beginning of the year for a project, and so far India and China were
> the least painful with regards to getting up and connected to the WWW.
> Pakistan has unstable speeds, and so does Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan.
> But now we have proper accomodation, and this place has a really great
> 256 ADSL connection that gets speeds like a 512. Not too bad, I just
> need to imagine the year is 2003 =p
>
> But yeah, it was sort of eye-opening for me since back home
> (Singapore) I have a 12Mbps cable and 1Mbps HSDPA on-the-go. With
> 16KB/s I've met people who actually have gigabytes of downloaded
> illegal content, so speed is not really a barrier for some.
>
> The best you could do is take it slow. As in, download today, try,
> download tomorrow, try :) Google is, of course, there for you anytime.
>

> --
> GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

You got the right point :D
But I have projects do during the day time so many times need Google
fast. So downloading during the day is not a viable solution. Yeah I
can Ctrl-C wget then wget -c, but that's an extra effort.
I usually download during night and at times when I am not in front of
the computer.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Facebook: nilesh.gr