[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [extra] repository cleanup

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 02:36:01 CET 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-13 at 17:32 +0100, Heiko Baums wrote:

> And I have nothing against cleaning up a repo. But this should be done
> more considered. Means only unimportant, unpopular packages or packages
> which don't run anymore should be moved to AUR or removed completely but
> not packages which likely belong to the most popular ones.
>
> Heiko

'Important' is defined from the perspective of the devs and TUs. I'm a
relative new-comer, but honestly the packages you mentioned I've never
even heard of, much less used.

Of course the packages *I* use are important, but only to *me*. Its not
really a good idea to extrapolate that to *generally important*