[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [extra] repository cleanup

Attila vodoo0904 at sonnenkinder.org
Sun Nov 14 09:01:21 CET 2010

At Samstag, 13. November 2010 17:32 Heiko Baums wrote:

> And I have nothing against cleaning up a repo. But this should be done
> more considered. Means only unimportant, unpopular packages or packages
> which don't run anymore should be moved to AUR or removed completely but
> not packages which likely belong to the most popular ones.

+1 For to consider more. With only a message with the link to a wiki list it is
very easy to oversee something and more important there is no information about
to what for a certain time it will be done.

I have not anything against having more (or less) applications from aur but i
was a little bit surprised as my favorite editor for the console joe get throwed
out of extra.

So i ask for the possibility of having a RSS Feed (or a web page) with at
examples such lines

2010-11-10 joe -> OLD REPO: EXTRA NEW REPO: AUR
2010-11-10 appXYZ -> OLD REPO: EXTRA NEW REPO: NULL
2010-11-12 libXYZ -> OLD REPO: COMMUNITY NEW REPO: EXTRA

Is there any change that this could realize without too much extra cost?

See you, Attila