[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [extra] repository cleanup

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 19:01:11 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 16:47 +0100, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 November 2010 16:37:41 甘露(Gan Lu) wrote:
> > If some says  "this is shame", "I'm leaving",
> > "you suck", "developers are selfish",  you could certainly discard
> > them, but not I or Heiko, we just talk about our opinion.
> > Does a great community contain only TU/devs? Does Arch is driven by
> > them alone? If you think so what a upstream developer will think you
> > are?
> A tester.

I lol-ed.

And Gan Lu, I'm not sure which thread you've been following, but Heiko
specifically references something along the lines of "I may as well go
back to Gentoo".

In the end this just sounds like "I'm going to whine because MY packages
got deprecated". Repeatedly I see unfounded statements like 'popular and
important packages'. Something like firefox or gcc is popular and
important. The rest is niche. If the devs want to maintain them, fine,
there's rules for that. If not, just go and compile it. It moves the
burden of work to the person who cares about the package (which is
obviously not the dev).