[arch-general] python3 thoughts

C Anthony Risinger anthony at extof.me
Wed Nov 17 20:32:50 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Alper KANAT <tunix at raptiye.org> wrote:

> That's nonsense.

what is?  py3k is nothing more than the completion and/or significant
advancement of several items that began in the 2.x tree; this is not
new information.

> It's correct that Arch is an advanced user distribution but
> you can't expect everyone to workaround each py application. Not everyone
> that use Arch are developers.

the thread seems to be more focused on _developers_, and my response
reflects this sentiment.

i wouldn't expect any user to fix <insert> application, even myself.
what i would expect however, is that they can figure out how to run it
under python2.

C Anthony