[arch-general] [signoff] kernel 2.6.36.1-3

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Nov 26 01:36:43 CET 2010

On 11/24/2010 01:19 AM, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Hi guys,
> please signoff 2.6.36 series for both arches,
> Latest and greatest moved to testing,
> including most patches from the stable queue of 2.6.36.2.
> In 2.6.36.1-3 the usb issues are fixed.
>
> Please signoff for both arches that we can move everything soon.
>
> Upstream
> changes:
> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>
> Features included:
> - Tomoyo support:
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/21533
>
> - Apparmor support:
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/21533
>
> - Build RTC support into kernel:
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/21137
>
> - changed cpu support to 64 on x86_64
>
> - added hugetables support:
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20862
>
> - disabled RDS modules due to security concerns:
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/21510
>
> - pcieaspm enabled
>
> greetings
> tpowa

Tobias,

	You'da Man! kernel26 2.6.36.1-3 boot FINE on that whacky MSI based box. I don't
know if you know what changed, but if so, I'm dying to find out. After running
it by the Redhat dmraid (dm-devel) list, the kernel.org list, all I got back
were the ideas I passed on here, but no real answers....

	I updated my primary box (Tyan based with nv dmraid) that had shown the the
weird drive initialization that caused the random read/write head excursions
that happened if the box didn't boot just right -- and it booted perfectly,
first try with kernel26 2.6.36.1-3. So I decided to give the MSI based box a
try. It too -- booted just fine!

	So thanks and -- Happy Thanksgiving to the list!

18:35 archangel:~> pmq kernel26
kernel26 2.6.36.1-3

18:35 archangel:~> cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name