[arch-general] Opinions on pulseaudio [WAS: PulseAudio in [testing]]

Yaro Kasear yaro at marupa.net
Sun Nov 28 17:55:05 CET 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 18:44 +0200, Ionuț Bîru wrote:
> On 11/28/2010 06:38 PM, Yaro Kasear wrote:
>

> > Maybe wait until GNOME 3 actually gets released before put something
> > unstable and useless in [extra] needlessly.
> >

> our experience in packaging software, fixing bugs and debugging is far
> superior than yours.
>
> we have just made a small step in adding default support in gnome,
> instead of doing everything when gnome 3 is released.
>
> In this way we can ensure that everything works before pushing this
> permanently.
>
> Just understand, Pulseaudio is optionally

I do. Most my response is to the people who think Pulse Audio is the
end-all Audio solution when it's far from actually being so (With the
fact it's clearly not stable or mature enough for [extra] as part of
this.). The opinion it should be a default for Arch, for example, or
that it should be the standard for Linux are idiotic, since, as I stated
many times before, Pulse Audio is crap that solves nothing and breaks
everything. I'll stop posting on this topic now.