[arch-general] archlinux hardware question

Damjan gdamjan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 23:07:17 CET 2010

> Has anyone managed to get archlinux up and running on either a sled
> drive or a full-sized usb drive yet. Another Linux system I have
> couldn't even detect the disk drive was in the machine and I gave it my
> best hard drive too. Slackware has no problem with the drive, but Debian
> squeeze or an earlier edition of lenny squeeze had problems too.

What's a "sled drive"?

Anyway, when the LCD broke on my main laptop, and I sent it for a
repair, I took out the hard drive, put it in an external USB box and
hooked it up on an Asus EEEpc 701.

Except that I had to update the initramfs to include the usb drivers
(ehci_hcd, uhci_hcd, usb_storage, sd_mod) I don't remember doing
anything else special.

fstab was already configured to mount by uuid, grub2 too.

--
дамјан