[arch-general] UbuntuOne

Thorsten Töpper atsutane at freethoughts.de
Tue Oct 5 15:13:33 EDT 2010

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 13:57:05 -0500
Samir <csgeek at esamir.com> wrote:
> I've noticed that there are some UbuntuOne related packages in aur,
> but many of them are very out of date.
>
> In theory, I'm told that we should be able to get UbuntuOne working
> under any Linux distro..I was wondering if there was any reason for
> the
> current state of the aur packages.  Is there a technicaly issue that
> prevents us from having more updated packages?

As packages in AUR are maintained by common users this has not really
to do with Arch itself. from a quick view it seems the Maintainer is
inactive. If you want to take care of the package write him a mail
asking what's the matter and if he can orphan the package if he is no
longer interested in them, if there was no reaction after two weeks,
write an orphan request to the [aur-general] mailing list. And one of
us TUs will orphan it for you.

--
Jabber: atsutane at freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4     FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4