[arch-general] nvidia and xorg-server 1.9

Thomas Bahn Thomas-Bahn at gmx.net
Fri Oct 8 01:36:04 EDT 2010

Am Freitag 08 Oktober 2010, 02:32:47 schrieb Matthew Monaco:
> I was following the discussion about holding back xorg 1.9 because of the
> nvidia driver, but I either missed the end of it, or it was left open.
>
> Do the nvidia and nvidia-173xx drivers in [extra] work with 1.9?
>
> If they do work, either or both, are they still plagued by this performance
> regression (stuff like rendering fonts as far as I can remember).
>
> If either does have this performance hit, does anyone know of a target
> version that resolves the regression?
>
> Thanks

I'm using the nvidia driver and it works with xorg 1.9
But in heavy 3D-games there are some performance issues (often normal ~130fps
but sometimes 7-10fps until a scene change).
In AUR there is nvidia-beta available, its the beta driver from nvidia and
works perfectly for me.

My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT.