[arch-general] bugs.archlinux.org search feature - different defaults?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 23:19:07 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I just got a bug closed as dup (concerning the python rebuild) because
the python rebuild bug did not show up when I searched the package name.
Of course, now I realize that I should search with 'search details' on.

Would it be difficult to default to having that switch turned on? Would
it stress the backend too much (no idea about such things) or require
patching which would break on updates?

I've also added a sentence to the dup-search section of the
bug-reporting guidelines which will hopefully prevent other noobs from
making my mistake =).