[arch-general] Spell Checking in Emacs

Rthoreau r7h0re4 at att.net
Wed Oct 20 16:47:54 EDT 2010

wahjava.ml at gmail.com (Ashish SHUKLA) writes:

> Steve Holmes writes:
>>>
>>> (setq ispell-program-name (executable-find "aspell"))
>
>> That fixed it! It seems that the documentation I followed, suggested a
>> different setting to specify the aspell binary but this setting you
>> gave me enables it to work properly now.  Thanks and sorry for the repeated
>> queries to the list; I thought there might have been a problem with
>> how it was implemented with Arch.
>
>> So Now i'm off to write those perfectly spelled e-mails. <smile>
>
> Use flyspell to make it comfortable :).

As some people know using flyspell with some modes are not fully
supported.  I know that flyspell with enriched mode used to give people
problems but I believe that has been fixed.

What would be ideal is to get Hunspell working if you follow the
emacswiki I still do not have a valid Hunspell working on two operating
systems.  One being Arch, the other OpenIndiana so I had to resort back
to aspell for both.

A little while ago I was thinking about filing a bug report against
emacs and Hunspell for that very reason but haven't had the time to do
so.

Rthoreau