[arch-general] What's happening about libdjvu?

Ionuț Bîru ibiru at archlinux.org
Thu Oct 21 07:44:46 EDT 2010

On 10/21/2010 02:38 PM, Auguste Pop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The package djvulibre now conflicts and provides libdjvu, and libdjvu
> disappeared from the repository.
>
> However, judging by the files they provide and the PKGBUILD cached in
> my abs directory, I don't think they are the same thing. djvulibre
> does not provide the dynamic linked library as libdjvu does and thus
> may break other application depending on libdjvu. For instance,
> /usr/lib/evince/3/backends/libdjvudocument.so from evince package
> links to /usr/lib/libdjvulibre.so.21, which would be removed if I
> update the system to allow djvulibre to replace libdjvu.
>
> What's happened to the libdjvu package? Why is it removed from
> repository? Should I file a bug report?
>
> Best Regards,

that is replacing libdjvu and nothing that you say above is true.

pacman -Ql djvulibre | grep libdjvulibre.so
djvulibre /usr/lib/libdjvulibre.so
djvulibre /usr/lib/libdjvulibre.so.21
djvulibre /usr/lib/libdjvulibre.so.21.2.0

this means that /usr/lib/evince/3/backends/libdjvudocument.so is not
broken because djvulibre provides the same soname

--
Ionuț