[arch-general] What's happening about libdjvu?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 11:29:33 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 21.10.2010 15:56, schrieb Auguste Pop:
>> I noticed this by compiling the package myself... When I sent this
>> mail, the web page was not updated and I saw an old list of files that
>> did not contain the .so file. I should have tried it first rather than
>> relying on a presumably delayed response on the web site. Sorry for
>> the false alarm.
>
> The update of the file list in the web interface might be delayed
> compared to the update of the package data itself.
>
> Dan, what can we do here? Should a version mismatch between $repo.db and
> $repo.files cause archweb to discard the file list, stating that "There
> is currently no file list available for this package", or should archweb
> print a warning "This is a file list from an older version of this
> package and might differ from the current package". Is anything like
> this already done in archweb? Should it?
>
> Right now, the delay between updating the package info and the file list
> can be (in the worst case) little over 24 hours. Given that our packages
> update and change frequently, I think we should avoid confusion like in
> Auguste's case.

It's actually updated every 12 hours, and this is an extreme case. We
shouldn't hide the filelist for all new packages when 90% of the time
the list doesn't change. We can put a "this might be out of date"
message there quite easily, I'll look into it sometime but a feature
request/bug report would be awesome so I don't lose track of it.

-Dan