[arch-general] Strange Xorg issue - no init of NV 8800GT - reboot -> late init?

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 16:31:05 EDT 2010

On 25-10-2010 21:19, David C. Rankin wrote:
> 	What I don't know is whether this can be kernel/new xorg related or whether
> this looks more like a hardware issue? Given the lack of bios/grub display, it
> sounds like it was still looking at the wrong controller until kdm start. I
> don't see how the system could change its mind mid-stream and fix itself, but
> the display/card is working fine now. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Try to get into the bios, if you see no image try to plug the display on
both outputs (not at the same time of course :p ) and see if you can get
any image.

If it works then for some reason the display priority may have changed
in the bios, and I guess you can correct it there. No other ideas here
except that the hardware might have disliked that outage, you really
should look into getting the system to power off properly when the UPS
in low on battery.

--
Mauro Santos