[arch-general] Strange Xorg issue - no init of NV 8800GT - reboot -> late init?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Oct 25 17:04:56 EDT 2010

On 10/25/2010 03:31 PM, Mauro Santos wrote:
> Try to get into the bios, if you see no image try to plug the display on
> both outputs (not at the same time of course :p ) and see if you can get
> any image.

Thank Mauro,

	I rebooted again and I can get to the bios/grub display just fine now. Must
have been a transient issue..

> If it works then for some reason the display priority may have changed
> in the bios, and I guess you can correct it there. No other ideas here
> except that the hardware might have disliked that outage, you really
> should look into getting the system to power off properly when the UPS
> in low on battery.

	NUT shuts the box down when the UPS hits 15% remaining (CyberPower CP1000AVRLCD
... I really like these UPS's). The box shut down just fine, I think the boot
limit was reached which caused fsck to run. I have no explanation for the
missing 8800gt after the power outage. I guess there was some stray voltage that
went somewhere when it happened. Looks like it is all back to normal now.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC