[arch-general] New nvidia driver - video mode not recognized - remove vga= from kernel line?

Norbert Zeh nzeh at cs.dal.ca
Thu Oct 28 19:18:50 EDT 2010

I do have the /etc/modprobe.d/nouveau_blacklist.conf file on my machine,
too, but I remember that the nouveau kernel driver did get loaded until
I added !nouveau to the MODULES list in my rc.conf.  So

1)  Can you do an "lsmod | grep nouveau" to see whether nouveau maybe
    still gets loaded.  (If so, it might be interesting to learn why
    even though the above file is present.)

2)  If the answer to (1) is yes, try adding !nouveau to the MODULES list
    in rc.conf and see whether this fixes your problem.

Of course, I'm just guessing here.

Cheers,
Norbert

David C. Rankin [2010.10.28 1803 -0500]:

--

()  ascii ribbon campaign  -  against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org    -  against proprietary attachments