[arch-general] kde 4.5.1-1 looks much better.

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Sep 1 13:06:48 EDT 2010

Guys,

	Even from a kde4 hater, kde 4.5.1-1 is looking much better than prior releases.
Way to go Arch on the packaging. It is starting to add some of the efficiencies
k3 had that k4 has lacked. Simple case-in-point, just rt-click to change the
desktop wp and you now have a clean 3 column thumbnail setup that provides 300%
more info than the old slow single column thumbnail list. Not earth-shattering,
but it is good to see some of the really awkward dialogs getting reworked.

	Don't get me wrong, k4 still needs work, but I'm more than willing to tip my
hat and recognize good progress when it has been made despite the 2.5 years of
hell I've been though with that desktop. (as an aside - the 3D chessboard
wallpaper is just killer)

	We shall see where it goes...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.