[arch-general] 'Local mirror' page was removed from wiki

C Anthony Risinger anthony at extof.me
Tue Sep 14 14:45:27 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Fess <killall_humans at lavabit.com> wrote:
> I still don't get it.. You have small pipe. But a lot of people have bigger. So - if you can't use - do not use it.
> Why EVERYONE shouldn't use it?

it really is much more appropriate for everyone involved if you just
use a shared cache, and respectably consider the truth that if you're
not a seed, you're a leech.  you say gnome=too much traffic, then wtf
would you want to sync:

every single time they are updated, when you're not even going to use
it 90% of it?  _that_ sounds like "too much traffic" to me.

use what you need; no more, no less.  anything else is greedy and wasteful.

C Anthony