[arch-general] 'Local mirror' page was removed from wiki

Fess killall_humans at lavabit.com
Tue Sep 14 15:09:15 EDT 2010

On 13:45 Tue 14 Sep , C Anthony Risinger wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Fess <killall_humans at lavabit.com> wrote:
> > I still don't get it.. You have small pipe. But a lot of people have bigger. So - if you can't use - do not use it.
> > Why EVERYONE shouldn't use it?
>
> it really is much more appropriate for everyone involved if you just
> use a shared cache, and respectably consider the truth that if you're
> not a seed, you're a leech.  you say gnome=too much traffic, then wtf
> would you want to sync:

> every single time they are updated, when you're not even going to use
> it 90% of it?  _that_ sounds like "too much traffic" to me.
>
> use what you need; no more, no less.  anything else is greedy and wasteful.
>
> C Anthony

Word 'irony' says something to you? ;)

Yes, people who sync kde or gnome do it pretty often(new releases common thing). Why don't we stop them?
Because repository exist for downloading from it(unexpectadly, yeah?).
I'm downloading about 25-30 packages every night(OH MY GOD SUCH A WASTE!!). Let's start again - do you REALLY think it's too wasteful? ;)