[arch-general] 'Local mirror' page was removed from wiki

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sat Sep 18 17:44:16 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 02:50:17PM -0500, C Anthony Risinger wrote:

> which seems an appropriate question, given the circumstances of
> removal; if the only reason was to discourage the creation of local
> mirrors... well, to me at least, that seems a poor reason.
>
> i sympathize with some of the reasons for creating localized mirrors.
> in particular, when the mirror is located on a removable device it is
> especially useful... i did this to perform off-site installations, in
> addition to installing packages i needed when a connection wasn't
> available (ie. Nathan's train example)

I'd agree. I have to maintain 7 and soon 11 machines which do not have
have any internet access at all. In the past I've been able to get away
with taking them home for installation/updates, but that will not be
possible anymore.

So what is the solution for this if you can't have a local mirror on
a portable device ?

Ciao,

--
FA