[arch-general] 'Local mirror' page was removed from wiki

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Sep 19 20:02:02 EDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 03:22:27PM -0400, Matthew Gyurgyik wrote:

> I have updated the wiki to include some basic information on setting
> up a local mirror. I believe it provides enough information to help
> someone set up local mirror while still holding them accountable for
> a certain amount of knowledge.
>
> Please take a look at it and improve it where you see fit. Since I
> have no need for a local mirror I might be over looking something.
>
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Local_Mirror

Thanks.

I know how to use rsync, set up a server (not even needed in
my case) etc. The interesting info is what should be excluded.

It may be a good idea to provide a full repo / top level directory
list for a tier-1 mirror (or a link to it if already available on
the wiki) so users can create a complete --exclude-from list from
the start instead of incrementally adding to it when they discover
they are downloading things they don't need. I know you can use
rsync to get such a listing, but still.

Ciao,

--
FA