[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] initscripts-2011.04.1-2

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Thu Apr 28 21:19:04 EDT 2011

Am Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:01:23 +0800
schrieb Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk at gmail.com>:

> I was under the impression that windows versions from Windows XP
> onwards had a registry key which enabled them to use UTC time.

Well, I'm not using Windows anymore for many years. So I can be
wrong, but I didn't know such a registry key, yet.

Now I found one blog and one forum which point to such a registry key,
but you still have to use a registry editor or tweaker on Windows. So
it's not a common option in Windows, and I guess it's pretty unknown.
I'd suggest to better assume that Windows users usual have their
hardware clock set to localtime.

Heiko